Raghu Venugopal (MD, MPH, FRCPC) is an attending emergency physician at the University Health Network and an Assistant Professor of Medicine at the University of Toronto. He completed his residency training in emergency medicine at McGill University and an international emergency medicine fellowship at Johns Hopkins University. Dr. Venugopal also earned a Masters of Public Health from Harvard University.
Dr. Venugopal has extensive experience practicing and lecturing about humanitarian medicine and relief. He has completed five missions with Médecins Sans Frontières in the Democratic Republic of Congo in North and South Kivu, Chad, Burundi and the Central African Republic and has served on the Board of Directors of MSF-Canada. He has also worked with governments in the Palestinian Territories, Ethiopia and Tanzania to improve emergency services and in the Balkans during refugee crises.
- Video: Telemedicine: How MSF field doctors can access global expertise from wherever they work
- Bringing telehealth to humanitarian settings CMAJ Feb 2 2015
- Wootton R, Liu J, Bonnardot L, Venugopal R, Oakley A. Experience with Quality Assurance in Two Store-and-Forward Telemedicine Networks. Front Public Health. 2015;3:261.
- Wootton R, Liu J, Bonnardot L. Quality Assurance of Teleconsultations in a Store-and-Forward Telemedicine Network – Obtaining Patient Follow-up Data and User Feedback. Front Public Health. 2014;2:247.
- Landes M, Venugopal R, Berman S, Azazh A. Epidemiology and outcomes of head injury patients in an urban Ethiopian emergency department. Can J Emerg Med May, 2014: 15 (Suppl 1) P S96.
- Stachura MR, Landes M, Venugopal R, Aklilu F, Sarrazin J, Azazh A. Evaluation of a point-of-care ultrasound scan list in the emergency department at Black Lion Hospital, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Can J Emerg Med May, 2014: 15 (Suppl 1) P S109.
Read more about Dr. Venugopal’s research here…
- Dalla Lana School of Public Health – Global Health Division
- Global Health in Emergency Medicine
- House call… to Chad (MSF field blog)
Dr. Venugopal is currently accepting trainees for research projects. If you are interested in working with Dr. Venugopal, please fill in this form.
Web transmissions are not guaranteed to be secure. Please do not send any personal or private information through this form, including information about your health status. Do not solicit medical or legal advice from this email address. Specific questions related to your health should be directed to your primary physician. In the event of a medical emergency, you should visit the closest emergency room.
Next profile: Meredith Kuipers